Wednesday, October 08, 2008

My World Journal Post (5)

When on a roll....Roll.
Tuesday: September 28, 1971

My mother, the backbone of our home, she gave birth to four children all at home and with no doctor to assist her. The amazing thing [gj: that's not the amazing thing!?] was that after each of us was born, she would get up from bed and get my fathers supper. She is a very immaculate person, even today at 85 years, she still prefers to wash her clothes by hand and scrub the stairs on her knees.
She punished us when we deserved it (or not). All the times I got a licken from her, I forgot the words, or not. She was a firm believer in respect for older people.
She was so proud, that even if we didn't have food and someone offered some to her, she would say she had plenty. That woman as proud and as hard as she tried to make us believe she was really as warm and soft as a rose in June.
She proved this time and time again As I will express in my daily journals.
*****************************
I'm told that in this picture Babcia (Polish for Grandmother) is drinking whiskey from her favorite glass. As I sit here and drink whiskey out of my own. I guess it's in the gene pool.

1 comment:

  1. What an incredible woman!
    (you had me at "4 children at home and no doctor to assist her") :O

    ReplyDelete