Thursday, November 20, 2008

MY World Journal Post (9)

Friday: October 1, 1971

My mother told my father to get a doctor (see why here) but instead he brought a woman who he said was just like a doctor. The woman reassured my mother that she had mended many a broken arm and leg and that she knew what to do.
The woman (I don't know her name) came into my room and began to examine my arm, her findings as told to my mother was that my arm was sprained and that there is nothing to worry about. She then proceeded to pull on the arm and I passed out with pain.
After that horrible ordeal, I begged my mother not to have that woman pull my arm again. The woman had the gall to tell my mother that I was faking and that she had to pull the bone sockets into place. Upon hearing her reply to my mother, I began to scream and beg my mother to send the woman away.
I thanked God that she did send her away, because I don't think my little heart could have taken that much fear and pain again.

1 comment:

  1. It always hurts to have yer bone pulled. Well, not always....

    ReplyDelete