Sunday, February 08, 2009

Friday Fun

My lunch time walkabout in Portland frequently leads to something for me to blog about. Earlier during the week near I noticed that refrigerator boxes packed with snow were standing around center of Monument Square. This could only mean one thing I thought, winter snow sculptures. On Friday they were revealed. Honestly, most sucked hard. There was one small sculpture that looked like sitting monkey but the most photogenic sculpture was the one pictured. A Snow Woman, complete with carrot nose and bikini top and lei's. (artist unknown)
After arriving home, getting the fire going and having dinner the dogs were still riled up. I started thinking, 'oh man, I don't want to throw that ball tonight, what else can I do?' I then noticed that the moon was nearly full and remembered that the snowshoe path we had just cut last weekend was very well defined. So, NIGHT TIME ADVENTURE it was....well not really nighttime it was about 6:30pm, but it was totally dark out. As it turns out the moon lit the woods well enough that I did not need any flash lights (thou I brought some).
The walk was great. Watson was a little nervous about walking in the dark and stayed behind me as we went out toward the beaver pond. On the way back thou, he and Addie were way ahead of me on the trail running all the way back to the house. It was a good hour.
The pic there is an 8 second exposure, I set the timer, ran up the trail and turned on two lights I had brought with me. Pretty cool.




9 comments:

  1. Hey, that's CUTE! Maybe you can be the artist of her Boy Toy-dress him in speedos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those last few nights of moonlight have been cool haven't they?
    I love the night photo.. very groovy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, you guys certainly look like you're getting hit pretty hard this winter...

    ReplyDelete
  4. DiH: I'd try but she melted yesterday.
    Kate: the moon was super cool on 2/9
    Slyde: this year, not so bad. last year was a killer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...sorry to hear that. :( Guess she was destined to be an ol' maid like me BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Joe, I just stumbled across somebody's blog who had uploaded an Mp3 from a free file hosting site. Looks pretty cool to me!

    http://boxstr.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd love a winter cold and wet enough to bring snow ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fact that you have access to a Beaver Pond and Snow Show trail, makes me very, very, jealous.....although, it is 69 degrees in Arizona today and I could be wearing shorts.......

    ReplyDelete