Monday, January 25, 2010

The Basement Shop Is Open

My basement hidey hole is coming along pretty nicely. After a slow start I have finally got most of the major pieces in place.  The "L" shaped top is 1 1/2 inches thick, 3/4 inch plywood under 3/4 hardwood flooring left over from the work upstairs. 
The shelving was 10 bucks at a yard sale. I've had that for about 4 years now and Im glad it's finally on a wall.  The peg board was also 10$ at a different yard sale. I've only been sitting on that for a year or so. Some old white LED christmas lights provide under bench lighting while a fluorescent shop light (came with the house) is for the main illumination

I painted the concrete wall white, using that DryLok product. The manufacture claims it will hold back water up to 10psi. Ill believe that when I see it.  Regardless of those claims, the white color brightens it up nicely.  I dug out an old 3-disk CD changer for some tunes whilist I work and even managed to hook up an old 13-tv to a cable connection.  The dart board on the right side will provide a little fun and the woodstove (not pictured) will keep it pretty comfortable down there.  I even dragged over a recliner from my bachelor days into this general area.
All I am really missing is beer fridge. That I am SURE can be arranged.

5 comments:

  1. I love your hide-away... don't show Brian, he might get ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coolness! You've got a "man room" for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so very very cool! Mr. Hall has his workshop almost up and running too. so many different tools and gadgets...just boggles the mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good, but where's the kegerator?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We should all post blogs about our "Man Caves". I am doing a major upgrade to mine right now. With the advent of my Mother-In-Law moving in this weekend, I will spending most of her remaining days in the man-cave.

    ReplyDelete